DOAC - CVT
DOAC-CVT is an international, prospective, phase IV cohort study investigating use of safety and efficacy of direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) instead of vitamin K antagonists (VKA) in treatment of the cerebral venous thrombosis.
We will include data from patients who fulfill the following criteria:
- Age >18 years at the time of CVT diagnosis
- Radiologically confirmed CVT diagnosis (CT-venography, MRI or catheter angiography)
- Oral anticoagulant treatment (DOAC or VKA) started within 30 days of CVT diagnosis (patient may initially be treated with heparin)
- Informed consent for the use of coded data if required by local law.
- Anticoagulant treatment at the time of CVT diagnosis
- Pregnancy or lactation (post-partum women are eligible if they do not give breast-feeding)
- Mechanical heart valve
- Severe renal insufficiency (defined as an eGFR <15 ml/min)
- Severe liver disease resulting in clinically relevant coagulopathy
If you have a case and want to participate in this research project, please e-mail the project leader, Jonathan Coutinho.
Acces to online CRF must be provided by study coördinators.